Friday, January 22, 2010

Ahhhh...Seattle

Well I arrived safely in Seattle. It was a long, rather uneventful day of travel, and that's exactly how it should be. My flight to Chicago was canceled inexplicably, but I arrived at the airport early enough to jump on an earlier flight. There were roughly 50 Air Commando military personnel on the flight, which was a comfort, a.) because they are military, and b.) because I assume any of them could fly the plane if need be. This was followed by a 4 hour layover in O'Hare, which is a lovely airport to be stuck in for a while. I had lunch at the Macaroni Grill and meandered about the shops, finding a replacement stuffed animal for Noah who resembles the evil dog who ate Noah's original gift.

En route to Seattle I met a guy who on his way back from Haiti...he was actually there during the earthquake. He was with a missionary and was supposed to be there for 10 days, which turned into 13. NOT BAD. They were 125 miles away from the epicenter so they didn't live through the horrendous devastation that poor Port Au Prince did. I asked if he was able to help in any way and he said unfortunately no, being so far from ground zero and unequipped they weren't able to lend any aid. Also, he mentioned that being white was quite a liability, as they would likely be seen as people who might have more valuables on them and therefore would be more likely to get attacked. Sad, but understandable. Those poor people are so desperate.

Anywho, to take my mind back off of the real world I watched Taking Woodstock on my laptop during the flight. It was charming and amusing and did not disappoint. I hope to see more of Demetri Martin in future films...for his first acting gig he did quite well.

We landed on time, I collected my bag and found the bus stop immediately. I took the right bus and encountered the only frightening moment of the day:

Good God Seattle. Your gut is showing.

Tomorrow - I venture into town and hope to take more photos of unsuspecting creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment