Sunday, January 31, 2010

People actually live here

Today Sara & Colin and I went to Golden Gate Bridge Park where Colin and I indulged our need to shoot pics on while Sara patiently waited. It was awesome! The sun was shining as we walked the beach, which doubles as a dog park.


There were a million sailboats under the bridge. Colin figured out they were racing. What an amazing sight.








This sea lion was probably stealing the fisherman's bait off of the fishing dock. I got sofa king excited about catching his picture in his natural habitat. Then we went over to Pier 39, where they hang out full-time. Turns out it's not so rare to see them around here!


After four hours of hiking around we came back to the apartment to rest and digest the enormous sourdough breadbowls holding good ol' New England clam chowdah we ate for a late lunch. Later we had giant crabs for dinner, purchased fresh off the dock earlier in the day.

Tomorrow we'll hike into Chinatown for Dim sum.

Tomorrow is also my last day of vacation. I come home on the red eye. Sniff. I'm admittedly tired and ready to go back to a more sane schedule, but I honestly have no desire to be in New England for the rest of the winter. I could get used to this lifestyle. I could get used to winters that offer nothing worse than overcast skies and low temps of 40 something. I could get used to fabulous coffee and beer on every corner. I could get used to stunning vistas every which way I turn, to culture, art and music forever changing. This is not a vacation lulling me into adoring a place because I've left my worldy worries behind for a little while. I think I'm really in love with the west coast.

I hope it calls me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment