Monday, January 25, 2010

Ice Cream Cruises and Flutterbies

We had another fabulous day here in Nirvana...er...Seattle. The weather is colder and rainy but that didn't stop my fabulous hosts from pulling themselves up by their sleep deprived boot straps and showing me a good time. (Banner & Frazer, I'm eternally grateful!)

So we headed down to Lake Union and took an Ice Cream Cruise! It was on an adorable little boat that took us on a little tour around the lake. There was a bit of history behind every sight, but of course I was so busy snapping pictures I only heard bits and pieces.

The floating houses impressed me the most. Look at these little architectural gems.



Does this last one look familiar? I'll give you a hint, it was in a movie that did pretty well at the box office, with Tom Hanks & Meg Ryan. And it wasn't You've Got Mail. Yup, that's the Sleepless in Seattle house. Neat, eh?

Next stop, the Science Museum for BUTTERFLIES! My hosts, they are too good to me.




So of course I took another 300 photos today and just cannot share them all here. You can see the rest of the cruise & butterfly pics on my Flickr account.

After our adventures I made some dinner to try and say thank you to my oh so gracious hosts. We laughed at the massive bowl of butternut squash risotto I put on the table and said who will ever eat all of this? Then we devoured 1/2 of it.

Tomorrow I'll be on my own in the city again. I heard something about a Jimi Hendrix museum and I think I'll have to check it out. It's also right by the Space Needle so I'll fork over whatever they're asking because when in Rome, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment