Sunday, January 24, 2010

Belgian beer fest!

Last I left off Frazar was doing something odd with pretzels & string. He was actually stringing pretzel necklaces for us lucky people who went to the Belgian Beer Festival in Georgetown today. The necklace was to provide sustenance so as to maximize our drinking time. Brilliant. We weren't even the only people who were wearing such necklaces at the event.

There were about 20 or so vendors pouring their Belgian Tripels, their White Ales, and their various other Belgian brews. It was MAGICAL. I mean, a beer festival is wonderful in and of itself, but Belgians are my favorite beers on earth. We dropped the N-man off at the neighbors and spent a good 4 hours enjoying the beer, sausage, and Belgian Waffles.

My favorite of the day was Dick's Belgian Tripel. It's well-rounded...not too much spice, sweet, or bitter...just the right combination of all three. A few other winners came from the Issaquah Brewhouse, which is apparently owned by Rogue. Their White Frog Ale and the Menage A Frog Ale are both very good.

Man, I am wiped out tonight. I thought yesterday I'd be exhausted from all of the walking around I did but that was nothing compared to the effects of drinking all afternoon. No plans for tomorrow...with Noah's feeding schedule it will probably be difficult to venture far, but a day of chillin' around the house sounds pretty good to me.

Besides, why go out when there's a dude this cute hanging around?


1 comment: