Friday, January 29, 2010

You know you're in San Francisco when...

...the first place you land is a kinky coffee shop. In fact, the this is the ONLY kinky coffee shop in all of San Francisco, or so they claim. I'm in Wicked Grounds, and luckily for me the kink is at a minimum.

Whoops, just went looking for the cream & sugar and found the whips & chains! Ok, I'm exaggerating...just whips. Seriously.

I woke up at 5:30 AM without the aid of an alarm clock and because I didn't know what else to do with myself I drove back to the mountains. Sunrise was scheduled for 7:21, so I drove around in the dark trying to get to higher ground but couldn't find the perfect spot for picture taking, and was too impatient to sit around waiting for light to see if where I was was good enough. But, in the end I got some lovely shots of both a mountain and a bit of Lake Shasta. I was back at the hotel by 8:15, and back on the road by 9:15.

The rest of the drive was easy going compared to yesterday. I made it in a little over 3 hours and the entire ride was flat this time. I couldn't believe it when I crossed the Golden Gate bridge around noon. It just snuck up on me. I've been over it before and as I remember it's a lot more impressive when you're gazing at it from across the bay rather than driving on it.

Triumph of the day...I got the car returned before I was charged for a second day. HOORAY! I can afford another meal before I return home.

The only thing I know of on the agenda for the weekend is happy hour tonight, and that is really all I'm focused on. Between the walking in Portland and the long ride down here my sciatica came back (no pun intended) to remind me that 10 minutes of a dude pushing and pulling on my legs does not fix a condition that took years to create. In short, I need a drink. In reality, I need an exercise regimen.

The barista just propped the door open. Yes, that's how nice it is here...about 60 degrees, maybe warmer in the sun.

SF, I love you and your wicked grounds already. Now hand me my whip.

No comments:

Post a Comment